Re: No win= no run

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: No win= no run
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:55:07 -0500
Paul Foster wrote:
> Where did you get that? I never said anything about myself. This entire
> discussion has been the plight of the C4 Corvette. I have never owned a
> Corvette.

The underlying theme across the breadth of this terrible "plight" has
been "If I can't win, I won't come".  If I have mis-read this clearly
stated premise, than I guess my dish is mis-aligned.  Personally I love
winning, and I really hate losing, but my love for the sport itself
overrides all of that and I will keep coming for the real reasons.  This
line of thinking, and the ensuing arguments that it props up just gets
me.  It certainly doesn't bother me if they excercise their preference
to stay home, C4 or whatever.

> But now that you mention it: No, I'd never go to Nationals if I didn't
> think I could at least trophy. But that's just me...

So I guess I was not that far off the mark after all.

PLW