Re: Winners and Losers

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Winners and Losers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:44:17 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Foster

>> >I think you are only counting open wins. Don't forget the ladies...
>
>> No, that is total victories and total trophies for each year.
>
>Then shouldn't the class count be 48 trophies instead of 24? I still
>remember it being much higher than 6. Pat, is that your recollection?

That is 6 first place and 24 total trophies (including 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.)
by San Francisco alone in 1988. The class count was, indeed (and
coincidentally), 48 that year. And the champions breakdown by Region was as
follows:

 6 San Francisco
 5 New England
 4 Colorado
 4 Northwest
 4 St. Louis
 4 South Bend
 3 Central Florida
 2 Atlanta
 2 Cal Club
 2 Cincinnati
 2 Kansas City
 1 Detroit
 1 Finger Lakes
 1 Indianapolis
 1 Land O Lakes
 1 Northwestern Ohio
 1 Ohio Valley
 1 Snake River
 1 Susquehanna
 1 Utah
 1 Western Ohio
--
48 TOTAL CHAMPIONS

Now do you believe me? Or do I have to tell you what classes each region
won. BTW, San Francisco won ASL, BP, BPL, FP, FPL, EML -- four Ladies
classes, two Open.

--Rocky

PS -- I do not want to sound like my numbers are infallible. Whenever anyone
raises a question, I check it out because I believe that with the amount of
data in my records some errors are inevitable. Thus, I welcome any inquiry.
I will either fix it, or confirm it is correct and know why. But know also,
the information in the Record Book, Trophy and Champion pages, etc., of
"Solo Stats" have been checked and cross-checked on a number of occasions
over the years.