Re: Winners and Losers

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winners and Losers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:17:19 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
To: team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 9:45 AM

>Well, I dragged out my Solo II Rulebook last night. Looks like '88 was a
>bad year for SFR. I must have been confiusing it with '87 when we won 12
>classes. And in '89 it was 9. I admit it is a long way from the 20 I
>remembered but it does mean that one region that contains 10% of the
>SCCA membership was responsible for a quarter of the National wins.
>Whether that is due to having a very strong autocross program, or due to
>being a jumbo region where 200+ people at a local autocross isn't that
>uncommon, or both I don't know. But I do know that is pretty remarkable
>given that each and every contestant must drive over 3000 miles just to
>attend.
>
>Paul Foster

Now with that statement, Paul, I heartily agree. It is, indeed, a remarkable
record and one to be proud of.

BTW, the number(s) in the 20s you are thinking of may have been total
trophies won, not just wins. San Francisco has won 20+ on 21 occasions
(every year since 1979). New England has done so four times, and Northwest
has now done so twice.

--Rocky