Re: Winners and Losers

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winners and Losers
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:43:02 -0400
Well, I dragged out my Solo II Rulebook last night. Looks like '88 was a
bad year for SFR. I must have been confiusing it with '87 when we won 12
classes. And in '89 it was 9. I admit it is a long way from the 20 I
remembered but it does mean that one region that contains 10% of the
SCCA membership was responsible for a quarter of the National wins.
Whether that is due to having a very strong autocross program, or due to
being a jumbo region where 200+ people at a local autocross isn't that
uncommon, or both I don't know. But I do know that is pretty remarkable
given that each and every contestant must drive over 3000 miles just to
attend.

Paul Foster