Swaybars

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Swaybars
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:18:04 -0400
<<<If you are not interested in exploring options to help grow/change
the sport or you don't agree you have the option to delete the
message.>>>

Did I write this? It sure sounds like I did... ;-)

Seriously, the stock swaybar rule comes up so often it should be in the
team.net FAQ. There are a number of good points on both sides of the
issue. The two biggest points to me are:

1) It would lead to outrageously large swaybars that could not be driven
on the street.
2) It could dramatically change the classing.

The former could be addressed by a specification that they can only be
so large. The latter could only be addressed by assessing the impact and
making the necessary changes.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to change both because it
would eliminate some of the advantage certain model years have over
others, e.g. big bad BoB. But then again I think there is something
inherently wrong with telling someone they can run any 6 cylinder Fiero
in CS but it had better be an 88.5 if they want to do well.

But the bottom lines remains that this is the way it is. If you don't
like it start your own SCCA. ;-)

Paul Foster