Re: seats in stock class

To: Larry Steckel <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: seats in stock class
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:37:22 -0400
Larry Steckel wrote:

> The seat cushion in the 914 was not attached to the seat frame, and could be
> removed with a slight tug.  When 914's were popular, removing the cushion
> was the accepted thing to do to get some thigh support.  Never protested as
> far as I can remember.

Hi Larry,

That must have been in kinder, gentler times. I can virtually promise
you that it would not be tolerated at a National event and I bet you
would probably get in trouble at some of the more competitive local
events. For Jeff it was a pretty big deal because it meant he had to run
with the T-top off turning the 914 into an even more flexible flyer. But
at the time he was destroying C Stock in San Francisco by well more than
2 seconds a run so it was not that big of a deal. However, he probably
felt that he needed practice in the form the car would have to be in at
Nationals and for Pro Solos so he decided to bite the bullet and run
with the seat in place.

Paul Foster