Re: Greg Moore

To: washburn@dwave.net
Subject: Re: Greg Moore
From: Mark Belcik <solo390@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 23:06:53 -0600
> The commentators speculated that the tubulance from the cars in
> front
> can cause problems with a new "go slower" aero set up they have
> mandated.  Said they are running almost half the downforce from a
> couple
> of years ago. Seems to me that all of the efforts that are being
> made to
> slow cars down, are causing problems in some ways.  Reducing
> downforce,
> or tire contact patch (F1) is not a safe way to reduce speeds IMO.
> better way would be to give them something to increase drag
> significantly, not reduce downforce.  Maybe something that generates
> more downforce.  I would rather see them add 8 huge ugly wings than
> reduce the size of one I guess.  Let's see the engine builders
> overcome
> that one.  That's my perspective anyway.

You bring up an interesting point. . .it will be interesting to see what
CART does now.  Maybe they will realize that they may have made a mistake
and have to rethink how to slow these cars down.  Hopefully F1 will take
note and maybe change their minds too.  It would be a shame to just have
something like this happen again say next season.  I think there have
been more than enough accidents this year.

mark