Re: Greg Moore

To: "Autox List" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Greg Moore
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:02:32 -0800
From: Hottvr@aol.com

> Enough of the "Arm Chair Quarterback" stuff, Theres nothing thats
gonna bring
> Greg Moore back, I'm sorry to say!

> So isn't it time we moved on?

Damn, I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Mike B.  All this
arm-chair analysis means absolutely JACK!!  You can speculate all you
want.  Let the professionals do the forensic data gathering and come
up with a positive solution to this tragedy.  What really burns me is
Foster's comment.

>> It was tragic, but Greg Moore died doing what he loved,
>> it also happened to be his job........few of us are that
>> fortunate.
>
>Do you think he would agree with you if he was alive today? I don't.
<<---

Oh like you KNEW Greg and knew what he was thinking.  I don't (didn't)
know Greg, but I know lots of people who do (did...shit it's hard to
talk about him in the past tense).  Mr. Foster's post was completely
out to lunch.

"He was sitting there in his car with a gimp hand, smiling and ready
for the race, ready to go out there and try to win it. His spirit was
that way. He wouldn't give up a chance to get in the car, even if his
leg was hanging off.   - Paul Tracy's final memory of Greg.

"The cars are as safe as they can be. It's just that you'll never be
able to make race cars completely safe. Things happen at speed."  -
Greg Moore, two days before his death.

CART and Players/Forsythe have recovered some info and data.  Some of
it was from the pit-to-car communications: as the race went 'green'
again after Hearn's incident, the team asked how his hand was.  "It's
fine. With all the adrenaline out here, it's barely noticeable."  Greg
had worked his way from last on the grid to 15th in ten laps. Just
before the incident, Greg came on the radio and shouted his last
words, "Man, this is fun!!!.."

Like all racers, Greg accepted the fact that every time you get into a
cockpit, you are essentially cheating death.. "You accept it, but you
can't think about it otherwise you're not giving 100% out there as a
professional.  If you're out there simply to avoid danger, that makes
you a danger to the other competitors." - Greg Moore 1998

Greg left this world living out his childhood dream- racing at the top
level of the sport and on a charge to the front of the field.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)