Re: TT Recall

To: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: TT Recall
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 21:12:58 -0800
Pat Washburn wrote:

<cut to the chase>
> If he does not get the recall done, is he still SCCA GS legal?

Depends on how Audi's classifying the recall. If it's "mandatory," then
it has to be done for the car to be legal. This is all in a
clarification on Page 235 of the 1999 rulebook. It's been there for 6 or
7 years now.

> My friend would just as soon
> cut off his arm as put that damn wing on!

I sympathize. I saw a photo of one of those suckers in AutoWeek.

>  Is showing up without one
> protest bait at a National event?

Well, how high up does he plan on finishing?  ;<)

I would check w/Audi re how they're designating the recall. If it's to
be done in response to complaints, it's optional and the car is legal in
either pre- or post-recall configuration. I have a feeling it's not
optional, however. It's called "CYA."

Jay