Re: TT recall

To: "Curtis Strilchuk" <cs75@netscape.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TT recall
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:06:21 -0600
>I believe, (and I may be wrong),that the 'voluntary - mandatory'
designation
>applies toward the _manufacturer_ of the vehicle, not the owner.
>Mandatory recalls involve defects comprimising compliance to federal safety
>regulations; therefore the manufacturer must make efforts to rectify the
>problem.
>Voluntary recalls are undertaken by manufacturers at their own volition to
>repair defects exposing them to the 'inconvenience' of increased lawsuits,
>warranty returns, adverse publicity, etc.
>At least I think that's how it works.

I don't think so.  If the manufacturer says you must have the mods done to
keep the car stock and warranted, than it is a mandatory recall.  If you
don't do it, it is not stock.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (SOLD), Saturn SL2, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/