Re: dominant cars in "new" HS?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dominant cars in "new" HS?
From: Chris Shenefield <shenec@ohinter.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 21:57:36 -0500
Yes, I did try a Civic HX (aren't they all CVTs?) in autocross type
driving with race tires, shocks, and modified sway bar.  My conclusion
that the Civic is decent but the CVT ruined the ability to use the gas
pedal to help the car through the courses.  Imagine puting a big rubber
band between your shoe and the gas pedal of a non-cvt car, and that
gives
you an idea of the feeling.  I think the cvt ruins it as an autocross
car even though the car is faster on the drag strip than a manual.

Chris