Re: What happened to the Neon?

To: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Subject: Re: What happened to the Neon?
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:49:45 -0700
Robert Glover wrote:

> Granted, I'm not a big FWD enthusiast, but I do remember how great the
> original Dodge/Plymouth Neons (particularly the ACR) were as autocross cars.
> Now it appears it only comes as a four-door, and only with the SOHC motor.
> What the heck happened?  Probably no ACR package anymore either.

I noticed this also, and also know that the 2000 Neon is 150# *heavier* that
the earlier versions. Even if they come back with the ACR model with the twin
cam engine, it will not be as fast. Maybe with the Chrysler 2.4 engine it will
have a chance...  :-). Naw, they wouldn't, would they?

Even if it comes with 15" rims and other goodly stuff, I just don't see it
beating the early ACR's.

Anyone else out there have specific details on the 2000 ACR or R/T, if there
are such beasts?

Scott Meyers