Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:38:11 -0500
<<<How many H1, H2, H3 stock classes do you want for cars that don't
show up?
Let 'em run HS, so they have a place to play.  Why force them to run
with
modified cars?  They'll be closer to my HS Civic Si than to your
modified
track car. >>>

Perhaps if they felt they were fairly classed then they would show up???
But that was where this thread started...

<<<I'll submit that your algorithm is a recipe for losing a lot of
autocrossers.
 Only the losers will be happy.  Let's piss off the winners and cater to
the
losers.  I prefer the current system which is based on winners in well
prepared cars, than a system which is based on poor drivers and/or
poorly
prepared cars. >>>

That's why I think the process is so political. A select few decide
which cars are going to be competitive and have a chance at a National
Championship and which aren't. Most classes have 2 or perhaps 3 good
cars out of the hundreds listed. I still think you should at least do
everybody a favor and place asterisks next to those that are expected to
do well at Nationals so Joe Schmoe in Keokuk can better decide to run
his Pinto in the hope nobody nearby shows up in a Civic Si.

Paul Foster