Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 10:58:28 -0500
"Linnhoff, Eric" wrote:

> Because some cars just suck.  But even then you still have to class them
> somewhat according to their "type".  Is a Sunbeam Tiger really competitive
> in CS?  Nope.  But whatcha gonna do, put 'em in ES with predominantly FWD
> newer cars?  Not a good fit there either.  How competitive is an X1-9 in DS?
> It ain't.  How about a Jag XKE in AS?  Not even close.

I don't think it is the cars that suck... :)

But you do raise a good point. If you want to class cars by type you
will need a lot more classes to be fair. Lessee now, I belong in the
3000 lb/250 hp front engine RWD LSD turbo class. Which one is that?

> What should we do, make HS a 200 car class
> while SS has 3, AS has 4-5, BS has 2, CS has 3-4, DS has 2, etc ???

So they can get tromped by a Civic Si? And if two adjoinging classes
have class winners that are within a half second of each other it seems
to me they belong in the same class...

Paul Foster