RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: "'Paul Foster'" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:45:29 -0600
Then why do you sometimes have a 4.5 second difference in car potential
in a given class? If every car in the class was capable of running
within a half a second of the top car we would not be having this
thread!
============================
Because some cars just suck.  But even then you still have to class them
somewhat according to their "type".  Is a Sunbeam Tiger really competitive
in CS?  Nope.  But whatcha gonna do, put 'em in ES with predominantly FWD
newer cars?  Not a good fit there either.  How competitive is an X1-9 in DS?
It ain't.  How about a Jag XKE in AS?  Not even close.

So, in every class there are going to likely be more "also rans" than
competitive cars.  I hear that some classes even have more than one car that
can win on any given day.  ;^) What should we do, make HS a 200 car class
while SS has 3, AS has 4-5, BS has 2, CS has 3-4, DS has 2, etc ???

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - Life's Little Treasure Book, on wisdom