Re: Looking for autocross car

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for autocross car
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:40:13 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Murray, Matthew D. <MDMURRAY@gwns.com>

> You might also look into the Ford SVT Contour. Any dealer with one on the
lot
> will cut one hell of a deal. Not a bad G Stock car. With some
struts/shocks
> and an anti-roll bar, the car could be quite fun (and I dare say
competitive).

Nope -- Contique build quality was too spotty.  I had a Mystique for a
couple of years -- great engine and gearbox, and even the soft Mercury
suspension wasn't bad, but something was *always* breaking.  I defended it
until the fuel tank started leaking....  I also got to know enough other
Contique owners with similar problems to know it wasn't just mine.  Fun to
drive, and damn near invisible to traffic radar, but just too much pain to
live with.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si (twice as many miles as that damn Ford, and one-tenth the
problem)
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr