Re: Leaving a Nascar race

To: <PbPied@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaving a Nascar race
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:12:10 -0600
>I can't for the life of me understand why everyone wants to leave
>NOW after a major race and endure the pain and frustration of a
>forced direction cattle drive.
>
>My preference is to kick back, do a tailgate cookout AFTER
>the race while everyone is flipped out trying to get away.  When
>the dust settles after an hour or sometimes two, I can then pack
>up and have a much more normal drive homeward.  That is how
>it has worked for me at Michigan International, anyway...
>
>Alan Sheidler
===============================
Same concept works after a concert.  Just kick back, turn on the tunes and
vegitate for a while.

_IF_ I happened to find myself at a NASCAR race (which ain't likely to
happen if I have to actually pay for the tickets) I'd be tempted to go
slumming around the pits after the race and see what kind of goodies I could
scrounge up, if anything at all.  Hell, for me just staring at all the neato
hi-tech parts and tools would be several hours worth of entertainment
without ever hounding some poor driver for the millionth autograph that day.
I'd be way more interested in talking to the crew than to the drivers.  And
you can rest assured that if all the spectator cars have the exit roads
blocked that no team transport trucks are getting outta there any time real
soon after the race.

But then I'm just weird.  ;^)

Eric (no autographs, please) Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T  (4 door)
<eric10mm@qni.com>
ICQ# 101282513