Re: Leaving a Nascar race

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaving a Nascar race
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@yadtel.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:19:24 -0500
You are corect on the pit passes.  They aren't quite that expensive though.  I
believe the price on ours if we had bought them would have been around $185ea.
Fortunately my son is employed by Featherlite who manufactures about 99% of the
transporter trailers and many of the motor coaches the drivers use.  That's
another story as the transporters cost around $300k plus and the coaches around
$750k to $1.5mil and maybe more.

One of the Featherlite guys had a helment autographed by almost all of the
drivers
last month at the Rockingham event.  If you are a collector of autographs I
guess
that's where you should be.

I have found that I would rather watch it on TV or from a grandstand area that
has
the TV replay available.  You miss too many things and don't get the replays.
It's impressive to say "I was there in the infield and had Garage/Pit passes but
it's not really all that great.  I have been able to talk to drivers etc. as
they
are all around the place and many times famous drivers parked right next to the
Featherlite trailer but again I would rather watch it on TV.

Joe Worsley