Re: women's classes

To: "Rich Fletcher" <richf@frontier.net>, <janice@wcsllc.net>
Subject: Re: women's classes
From: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:17:53 -0400
>> Most car clubs have separate classes for women so that they feel included
without feeling like cannon fodder when new to this sport. <<

And what do we do about the men they are new to the sport?

> If some women find they have the talent, temperament, or whatever it is
that makes them fast, they are free and welcome to compete with the men
rather than continually trouncing their respecitve women's class.  <

Then why don't we allow the men who continously get trounced in open, run
ladies?

> On the contrary I think that although flawed, it's a very positive thing.
<
Sounds like an oximoron.  If it is flawed then lets fix it.  If it can't be
fixed then lets dump it.

I do LIKE the way ladies are handled at the Pro level.  L1 and L2 are
usually both very well subscribed.  But it is on an index system.  Perhaps
we should do this for NT's and Nationals.

Rick Cone (Doused with flame retardent)