Re: women's classes

To: Rick Cone <rickcone@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: women's classes
From: "Rich Fletcher" <richf@frontier.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:56:17 -0600
Men in the womens' classes?  Think about it. ;-) Your assertion that a
flawed system should be thrown out is also without historical support.
Depending on your thirst for ultimate answers, we could go very Zen here.
Everything in this universe is both flawed and perfect, Rick.  My argument,
your argument, everything.  It's all a matter of opinion and perspective,
both of which are also flawed, and perfect.  ;-)  So, unless we get a huge
groundswell that wants men in the "womens'" classes, we'll do what all
rational clubs do.  Let the individual regions create "Novice" classes and
"expert" classes to level the playing field as much as possible at the local
autocross.  At Nationals, however, everybody runs with the big dogs to
determine an overall winner.

Rich Fletcher