Women's Classes

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Women's Classes
From: "Janice Sansone Rick" <janice@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:13:02 -0500
I received a lot of Private email on this and ladies - we have a problem that
many ladies complained that we are not as friendly and fun to run with as the
men.  Remember that they this may not be true - but if all the ladies that
emailed me
feel that way - we have way too many gals out there that are not being
friendly enough
to their competitors.  I challenge every gal to open up and say hello to their
fellow
lady drivers and be nice.  If nothing else happens in this discussion WE need
make this a more friendly sport with the gals.  If the emails are only a small
portion of
ladies that feel that way then the extra effort of being more outgoing,
helpful, fun and all
that won't hurt anyone.

I got a few private responses that felt that the ladies got more competion in
the open classes.  I got a few that went to open for more fun and
sportsmanship.  I got a few that felt that the ladies classes were really
novice or beginner classes.  I got a few that also said that they run ladies
so they can open the door for lesser ladies drivers to get trophies.  I heard
from many gals and a few men.  One email said we should eliminate the ladies
class all together, but I have heard that one before too.

It's been interesting and I haven't really gotten flamed for starting it = of
course there is always tomorrow's posts.  hahaha

I still think that the classes should be Men's and Women's.

Janice Sansone Rick