women's classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: women's classes
From: Group Four Teleproductions <richf@frontier.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:18:52 -0700
Not if I want to stay married... ;-)  But on some level the notion that the
women _should_ run with the men is correct.  For instance, if we were to
have a "true" Pro series like NHRA or what have you, then we'd probably
have everyone running together.  As a club activity with families held in
higher regard than corporate sponsorships and the almighty dollar, the SCCA
Solo2 program isn't "Pro" by nature or design. So, I think that as long as
people want to have women's classes, we will have them.  It isn't really a
question of being locked into anything, or "stuck in the 1950's" as someone
wrote in reference to women's classes.  As a club we're free to change this
system or free to keep it.  So far, we've chosen to keep it.

Rich