Re: Women's Classes

To: "Janice Sansone Rick" <janice@wcsllc.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Women's Classes
From: "Kat Bryce" <katbryce@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:41:59 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Janice Sansone Rick" <janice@wcsllc.net>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 7:13 PM
Subject: Women's Classes
<snip>
> I received a lot of Private email on this and ladies - we have a problem
that
> many ladies complained that we are not as friendly and fun to run with as
the
> men.  Remember that they this may not be true - but if all the ladies that
> emailed me
> feel that way - we have way too many gals out there that are not being
> friendly enough
> to their competitors.  I challenge every gal to open up and say hello to
their
> fellow
> lady drivers and be nice.
<more snipping>

That may have been my experience too, I attended the Pro in Fort Myers, as
one of the local yokels I was pretty much ignored...   Except I made it a
point to introduce myself to all of the women around me.  After I made the
effort everyone was really friendly to me.  Then after placing 5th in L1 I
felt warmly received...

Locally, I have started working as an instructor and make it a point to
introduce myself to all female novices.  These Ladies seem to really
appreciate the encouragement and many of them return.  GCAC has many women
drivers now.

FWIW...  I like the Ladies classes.  I would probably be discouraged and
have quit by now, as our club did not have a Novice program previously.

The question I would like to propose is, how many experienced drivers offer
assistance and encouragement to those drivers with a big 'N' on the side of
there car?  I feel we could all use help and encouragement, not just the
ladies..

Kat Bryce
'00 Mazda Miata SP1