women's classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: women's classes
From: "fstockracers" <fstockracers@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 08:01:18 -0400
My opinion when it comes to this is that "open class" is meant for us, in a
nice way, that if we have so called 'dominated' the women's class then we
can upgrade to the open class for more competition.

No offense, but do you think I want to run against Lynn Rothney-Kozlak at
big events, so she can whoop my ass.  Honestly, I don't think she would want
to run with me or other women.  She has been doing this for a long time and
has earned the 'opportunity' to run in the "open" class.  I respect her in
every meaning of the word.  I hope one day, in years to come I could be that
fast and run in the "open" class.

I think for the most part women would start getting discouraged and not run
as much or even not at all any more.  But there are women such as Karen
Kraus  who decided to run in the "open" class all the time.  That is her
choice and I respect her for that, too.
 I feel when and if I'm dominating the FSL class, then I would put myself
into the open class.  As a  whole, men are faster then women and I am not
ready for that yet.  Maybe one day I'll get there.  Until then, I'll stick
with the women's class.

For calling it women's and open classes, it's a matter of choice.  I think
it should be left alone.

As far as the friendliness of the ladies classes, I've been traveling alot
this year and have met alot of new faces.
 I have no problem with it.  I have met alot of new "lady friends" this year
and I call them that because in my eyes that's what I see them as.

Well, maybe, I'll get spam for this....but remember it's for "opportunity."

And Howard......don't get any ideas!!   HA HA HA

Diane Lapusnak
FSL #91 (95 Blue Z28)