Re: Umbrellas

Subject: Re: Umbrellas
From: bfuhrman@isd.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:49:49 GMT
>> That doesn't say "stop" to me. It says "slow down."
>
>Huh?  If a worker is telling you to do _anything_ during a run, you better

>just stop and figure out what the heck they want.
>
>> Several people rushing at you? Where are all these people coming from and

>> how did they all get instruction to go rushing at you. More likely, one or

>> two workers connected to "central" by a radio, AND told to stay out of the

If someone signals in a manner that I think means to slow down, I will slow
down as I get near them and continue to do so to a stop until they tell or
signal
me to continue.

If you misread a stop as a continue slowly, I hope that you would notice that
they don't quite signaling you and get the hint that you are not going slow
enough.  Eventually you would get to the ultimate slow.

The railroad rule is that if an engineer gets an unknown signal or any frantic
motion near the track, it counts as a stop signal.