Re: Umbrellas

To: <deleon@sstar.com>
Subject: Re: Umbrellas
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:05:51 -0500
That is such a valid concern that, at most events I've been to, if the
lightning is close by we shut down until it has passed. Just a human body,
with or without umbrella, often becomes the highest point (favorite
lightning target) out on an autox course. You lose 15-30 minutes maybe. Most
fierce lightning storms are short in duration. (often because they are
fast-moving)

--Rocky