Re: New thoughts on an old rule...

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: New thoughts on an old rule...
From: "Ron Nottingham" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:52:38 -0500
Eric,
The way I see it, your spare tire is not "permanent".  It is designed to be
removed.  The cover, though bolted, is not "permanent" either, unless it is
hinged in place.  You "remove" it from the car when you need access to the
spare or jack, right?  Now, I don't know about the Neon, but the SHO I have
uses a "J" hook that is threaded on the end for the cover, and the hook end
just slips in a catch.  If the Neon is anything like this, it isn't
"permanently bolted".

But, as we all know, it's not up to us to assume what the rules mean :-)

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO
84 300zxt