RE: New thoughts on an old rule...

To: "'Ron Nottingham'" <nottingham@alltel.net>,
Subject: RE: New thoughts on an old rule...
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:03:34 -0600
-----Original Message-----
 Now, I don't know about the Neon, but the SHO I have
uses a "J" hook that is threaded on the end for the cover, and the hook end
just slips in a catch.  If the Neon is anything like this, it isn't
"permanently bolted".
============================
Very similar indeed.  Except in my case it's a carraige head bolt head that
slips into a stamped metal channel to keep it centered in the spare tire
well.  The threaded end sticks up through the center of the spare tire and
then through the cover and finally a plastic "cup" with a nut molded into
the center holds it all together.  Also far from "permanent" in my opinion
since the bolt slides right out of the channel, sometimes while driving.

Gee, is it spring yet?

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
STS #69 TLS #13