Re: SM2 status?

Subject: Re: SM2 status?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:36:55 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Alan Dahl wrote:
> Well SM2 is a "if you build it they will come" sort of class. No one is
> going to build a car if there is no class but since it also takes quite
> a while to build a competitive car, there will be few entries for the
> first year. IMHO what SCCA needs to do is guaranty that SM2 will be
> around until 2004 and then you'll start seeing some vehicles. Who wants
> to build a car for a class that might not be around next year?

I agree with that approach overall, and I bet the SCCA does as well,
despite what Dennis is saying.  The national staff never struck me as
idiots, they surely know that folks aren't going to build cars for a class
until they have some faith that the class will be around for a while (both
to race in and also to provide a market for their project when they're
tired of it).

Still, you'd think there'd be a buncha miatas with superchargers around,
along with boosted MR2s.

Mark