Re: SM2 status?

To: bluemr2@mac.com
Subject: Re: SM2 status?
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 07:55:39 -0600
Well, for a National only class, it still isn't doing too well.  My
impression was that there were class subscribers waiting in the wings, only
being prevented from participating due to the lack of a class.  It would
seem that we are trying to manufacture a class here.

For those who say it hasn't had a chance yet, I reply that we could toss the
goofiest class imaginable out there, and if left long enough, someone would
fill it.  That is not meeting a need....it is creating it.  My opinion is
that unless there is *fully* subscribed SM2 classes at the next 2 Tours, let
it die a quiet death and leave things along for awhile.  Stability is a good
thing right now.

        I thought SM2 was a regional only class?  In my region (and the
> surrounding regions), there's no need for SM2...  The cars built to the
> SM2 specs will probably just run in EM since there's no *real* EM cars
> around (and that's what we've had to do for the last couple years...
> The magnetics are already made :-)  )...  Nationally it would be
> different though...  Hmm, a national only class???  :-) :-) :-)
>
> E-Mod Brian (SM2 legal though)

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer