Re: SM2 status?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SM2 status?
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:45:59 -0800
On Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 05:55  AM, Patrick Washburn wrote:
> Well, for a National only class, it still isn't doing too well.  My
> impression was that there were class subscribers waiting in the wings,
> only
> being prevented from participating due to the lack of a class.  It would
> seem that we are trying to manufacture a class here.

Well SM2 is a "if you build it they will come" sort of class. No one is
going to build a car if there is no class but since it also takes quite
a while to build a competitive car, there will be few entries for the
first year. IMHO what SCCA needs to do is guaranty that SM2 will be
around until 2004 and then you'll start seeing some vehicles. Who wants
to build a car for a class that might not be around next year?

- Alan Dahl