Re: SM2 status?

To: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: SM2 status?
From: bluemr2@mac.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:55:29 -0500
On Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 08:55 , Patrick Washburn wrote:

> Well, for a National only class, it still isn't doing too well.  My
> impression was that there were class subscribers waiting in the wings,
> only
> being prevented from participating due to the lack of a class.  It would
> seem that we are trying to manufacture a class here.

        I think it HAD an opportunity...  and it's about two years past...
I know that I would have gone to an SM2 back when these ST/SM classes
were first talked about, but now I've found another home...  I don't
know a LOT of potential SM2 car owners, but the few that I do know have
the same feeling and have found homes amongst SP/P/M depending on the
stage of mods...

> For those who say it hasn't had a chance yet, I reply that we could
> toss the
> goofiest class imaginable out there, and if left long enough, someone
> would
> fill it.  That is not meeting a need....it is creating it.  My opinion
> is
> that unless there is *fully* subscribed SM2 classes at the next 2
> Tours, let
> it die a quiet death and leave things along for awhile.  Stability is a
> good
> thing right now.

        I don't know why stability is any better now than before??  BUT,
yes, SM2 can die.

Brian
E-Mod 5S-FE MR2