RE: Thoughts on new B-stock

To: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Subject: RE: Thoughts on new B-stock
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:14:05 -0500
Scott, you are correct.  As I said, I was thinking of the "good old days",
as in pre-Boxster and pre-S2000.  I do understand that a lot of thought and
analysis went into the classing of these cars, and I also understand that
new models come out that make the older ones non-competitive, especially in
the stock classes.  But I do think that putting the C4 Corvette into SS and
the S2000 and Boxster into AS would permit more cars to be competitive, such
as the M3, 944S2/968, MR2T, 911, Supra Turbo, NSX, etc.  That's just my
opinion.  It's a tough job to set up a class structure and properly class
cars, and I respect the folks that do it.  And I'll have fun regardless of
where my car ends up.

I currently compete in BS (was AS) in a '97 M3.  Before that I competed in
the same class in a couple of different MR2 Turbos.