Re: Thoughts on new B-stock

To: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Subject: Re: Thoughts on new B-stock
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:41:54 -0800
At 10:00 AM 3/26/2002 -0500, Burns, James B. wrote:
>Maybe I'm just reminiscing about the good ol' days, but I remember when the
>old AS class was one of the most diverse classes in Solo2.

Yes, it was one of the most diverse, but you are definitely reminiscing
about the A-Stock glory years from 1995 to 1999.  Those days are long gone
and will never be back even if you make the same class
again.  Why?  Because at the national level, the majority of those
competitors have sold their cars and either moved on to other classes, or
they bought S2000's to stay in the class.

After the 2000 nationals I brought my M3 home, sold off the Koni DA's and
sold the car.  I could see the hand writing on the wall that the M3 would
never be competitive in A-Stock again.  That's life in Solo II, the M3's
had a great competitive run over those five years and had some success with
Bob Tunnell winning a national championship in one.  What else could
I/we/you ask for?

Hopefully, the IS300 will be competitive in DS, so at least there will be
one rear wheel drive sedan that is competitive at the national level.

As you can see in my signature, I inherited a non-stock 1996 BMW M3 that I
am playing with in SM, but if the IS300 proves competitive, I will most
likely be back in the stock category with one next year.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com