Re: Thoughts on new B-stock

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thoughts on new B-stock
From: "gs96" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:54:25 -0500
Brad, you're right - the old AS was a fun class to
watch.  I can understand and support moving the Boxster
and S2000 to AS, but why would you want to move the C4
Corvette back to SS where it will surely get hammered?
IME, the S2000 (and probably Boxster) is at least
comparable to - and probably a smidge quicker than - a
stock C4 vette on most courses.

All IMO,
Kent Rafferty

> Scott, you are correct.  As I said, I was thinking of
the "good old days",
> as in pre-Boxster and pre-S2000.  I do understand
that a lot of thought and
> analysis went into the classing of these cars, and I
also understand that
> new models come out that make the older ones
non-competitive, especially in
> the stock classes.  But I do think that putting the
C4 Corvette into SS and
> the S2000 and Boxster into AS would permit more cars
to be competitive, such
> as the M3, 944S2/968, MR2T, 911, Supra Turbo, NSX,
etc.  That's just my
> opinion.  It's a tough job to set up a class
structure and properly class
> cars, and I respect the folks that do it.  And I'll
have fun regardless of
> where my car ends up.
>
> I currently compete in BS (was AS) in a '97 M3.
Before that I competed in