Re: Thoughts on new B-stock

To: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Subject: Re: Thoughts on new B-stock
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:52:15 -0700
I think I can speak for pretty much all C4 Corvette owners when I say that
moving the C4 corvette back into SS would be a bad idea as the C4 is completely
not competitive in SS. I know, I was there. Most of the top C4 drivers found
another class to run in last year. Straight up, on a 50s course using the same
driver, the Z06 is between 1 to 2 seconds faster than the C4. AS may be a spec
C4 class this year, but there are actually other cars in that class that could
be
competitive if set up right. You are just not seeing them on the NT and Pros.
If the S2000 is moved to AS next year, the dominant car between the C4 and
the S2000 will be course dependant. I don't really see the Boxster being moved
out of BS. Also, I have an SS Camaro which I ran in ESP in nearly stock form
last year which would also be pretty competitive (the Boxster and S2000 will
alway win on tight courses). Please let us have our fun, at least for one
year before we go and screw it up....

Also, I think your car could be very competitive in BS. We have a Guy in our
area who has run a similar car in the past and was very fast.

Scott Troyer
93 C4 Vette, #171 AS