Re: Proposed SP suspension rule for 2003

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <GLaws@kscable.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proposed SP suspension rule for 2003
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:08:50 -0600
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

>There are several racks available in Topeka, I'm sure.  In the
event of a
>protest, part of the teardown bond would be the cost of the
alignment.  As
>always, the specs in your factory shop manual (which you are
required to
>have) are the ones that would be used.

Given that no other Category requires alignment within the
factory-specified range of values, do you really think that this
will become a requirement for SP? The proposed addition to the
rules does not introduce such a requirement in general. Only if
you decide to take advantage of the use of shims or otherwise
non-allowed eccentrics will you be held to factory specs.

Any idea why the addition of such a rule is being contemplated?

Jay