Re: Proposed SP suspension rule for 2003

To: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@pursued-with.net>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Proposed SP suspension rule for 2003
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 06:38:57 -0600
Kevin Stevens wrote:

>What's confusing is that none of the other suspension rules
>for Stock or SP require that you meet any factory alignment
specs at
>all.  So it's very confusing to have a new allowance in SP that
>requires, by itself, a more restrictive requirement than Stock.

That's my take on it. The way I read the proposed rule, you can
use shims or eccentrics not allowed elsewhere, for example, to
return your camber to factory spec after you've lowered the car.
In most cases, of course, you're not interested in getting _all_
the way back to factory spec. For example, if your car has -4
degrees camber after you've lowered it, and you want it to
have -2, but the factory says it should have a maximum of -.75,
the new allowance won't help.

It's not clear to me who this rule is intended to help, or that
it will help anyone the way it's worded now. I'm gonna write the
SEB.

Jay