Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 09:45:13 -0600
I have to disagree with you, and agree with what the Knuckledragger said.
$10 does matter, and will probably cause me to not renew next year.  The
only reason I joined the SCCA was for the local region discounts ($10) at
Solo events.  This year, I paid $65 for my membership.  In order to get any
benefit out of my membership, that means I need to attend 7 events this
year.  Since my region is the second club I autocross with, and not what I
consider to be my "home club," I definitely won't make that many events.
Next year, when I have to pay $75 (or $80 if the region increases their dues
again), there's just no way to make up the membership price based on
membership benefits.

Since I don't compete nationally, there are no other reason I should be an
SCCA member, and I think you'll find a lot of other Solo competitors that
would be in the same boat.

I should also mention that my home club charges just $40/year and still
gives the same $10 discount at events.  Why should I pay double that just to
say I'm an SCCA member?

-A.