Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase
From: Tom Maycock <tmaycock@interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 12:21:03 -0600 (CST)
> Am I missing some other benefit of being a member?  If so, point me to it
> and convince me otherwise.  I want to remain an SCCA member, but membership
> has to hold some value.

Perhaps this has already been mentioned and I missed it, but as an SCCA
member you do also get a subscription to SportsCar and presumably a
Regional newsletter/magazine as well. Only you can decide what value to
place on those things, but in any case that's where part of your money
goes.

I do have concerns about the membership costs myself--I think it's getting
to the point where there will be a bit of a sticker shock for a lot of
people.

After admittedly only skimming through the treasurer's report in
FastTrack, I'm a bit puzzled about how much of the general budget
shortfall last year (if any of it) was due to the Pro Racing losses.
Anybody have a good grip on that?

Tom Maycock