Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 10:39:31 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Andrew Schmiechen wrote:
> I should also mention that my home club charges just $40/year and
> still gives the same $10 discount at events.  Why should I pay double
> that just to say I'm an SCCA member?

Your local club also provides a full rulebook, a member driven rules
committee, a way to resolve disputes, lot insurance, etc. right?

If you really feel that another $10 is too much of a burden, then by all
means don't renew.

(Hopefully your region will redo their financial incentive to have it
continue to make sense for you and others).

Mark