Re: Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:02:47 -0500 (EST)
It's a fact, Jack

I'm running this setup in my roadster.  The ballast resistor is
important for the points ignition, but when you go to the electronic
ignition, it's not necessary.  What I did was to remove the stock
coil and ballast resistor on its bracket (the flamethrower won't fit
in the stock mount anyway), and have one of my buddies who's building
a plane in his basement to fabricate me a custom coil holder from
aluminum (and a nice stereo mounting plate for the trunk).

Dave
67 2000