Re: Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:40:30 -0500
Adam,

Pertronix makes a more sophisticated setup for American cars that need no
resistance but I have the plain old Ignitor and it says the coil must have a
MINIMUM of 1.5 Ohms resistance.

I don't know about the Flame-Thrower II or Ignitor II which you apparently
have. I didn't think it was made for our cars but I guess it is.

Sorry to get you excited but I didn't want to see you melt down or get
stuck. Someone in my MG club left off the ballast resistor and he got stuck.

Mike