Re: Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 06:47:34 -0500
I called Pertronix yesterday and was informed that the Ignitor II is not
available for our cars. Soooo, you have to make sure the coil you are using
has at least 1.5 Ohms of resistance.

The Ignitor II can be used with coils w/no resistance and it provides a hotter
spark. If you look at their ad for the II it says that because of the ability
to use a hotter coil and the electronics ability to take more voltage.

Resistance brings down the voltage to the dizzy to about 8 volts or so.

Mike