Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:57:18 -0800 (PST)
I read on a Z list that if you install a pertronix ignitor AND replace
the stock coil with a stronger unit, such as the pertronix
flamethrower, than you do not need to run the ballast resistor, meaning
hotter spark (use larger spark plug gap).

Is this true?  Is it as simple as wiring the two sides of the ballast
resistor together?  Or is this not true for our Roadsters?

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend