RE: Tow Dolly Questions

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tow Dolly Questions
From: "Dennis Louthan" <dennisl@cvinn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:42:54 -0800
Most of the rules for towing are for cars with
automatic transmissions. Which if towing for a
long distance the driveshaft should be disconnected,
because of the torqe converter. Manual transmissions
are like coasting in neutral. Jeeps have the luxury of
having a transfer case that you can put into neutral
which disconnects everything. I've towed numerous vehicles
behind the motorhome for 20 years now. Havent lost one
yet.

Dennis
Minden, NV
2 '68 1600's