RE: Tow Dolly Questions

To: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: RE: Tow Dolly Questions
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:37:30 -0600 (CST)
Thanks, Marc!

It is a crap shoot as to whether to tie the driveshaft off to one side on
a 1600, or tow it with the driveshaft in place. I thought about using an
old fron u-joint yoke to replace the driveshaft in the trans, but it would
be messy and have to be done on the dolly, then you would have to top off
the trans when you got where you were going!  Has anyone tried driving the
car on the dolly backwards? I know it puts more vertical load on the front
wheels, and the steering box, so it seems that the only way to REALLY tow
our cars safely is on a trailer!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner