RE: OT- A new respect for the East Coast Owners

To: "'Andrew Murphy'" <solex67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: OT- A new respect for the East Coast Owners
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:44:43 +1030
Andrew!
in Adelaide at the moment we are playing host to the international
pushbike race, The Tour Downunder.
These riders will be competing in our typical Summer weather.
Estimated max. today is 41 Deg C.
Work on my '65 SP310 has slowed down a little:(
I now have all the brake & clutch components fully reconditioned with
stainless liners to all cylinders and the master cylinders. New
flexible lines were also made up. Wasn't cheap but now these items can
be re-kitted with replacement seals with no corrosion worries. I need
to make up new bridging hoses for the twin wheel cylinders on the
front brakes and a new pipe from the diff junction block to the LHS
rear wheel cylinder. These were all trashed when I dismantled.
Pics have been added to my album at:-
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291195515
Anyhoo take care in the cold.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.