Re: Modern Stereo for 67.5 Roadster

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Modern Stereo for 67.5 Roadster
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:58:43 -0500
>Marc Tyler:

> It looks like it needs a DIN size hole, It's expensive and i can only
> find it on this UK site, but it looks nice :-)  Rob B?
>
> http://www.bargains.co.uk/navigate.php3?iid=472617&cid=2203

That's okay, Marc. It would probably only tune the "upper crust European
frequencies" anyway!   :>)

Has anyone checked out Classic (or is it Custom) Auto Sounds. They've
advertised in the old car mags for years. I'm figuring on a remote mounted
Tuner/CD changer with some sort of joystick or removable control face/panel
that can be stuck on a flat are of a dash using velcro. Both of my dual band
mobile ham radios have these. You stick the radio body under a seat or
somewhere else and run a control wire under carpeting and behind trim to the
conveniently located face plate/control unit. Regarding putting something in
a stiffly sprung car, many players offer (RAM) memory buffers to take care
of that, or if you're going the remote mount route it should be pretty easy
to "float" the guts on springs or something. Just remember to provide a good
ground.

I'll do some research in the next week or so and post what I find regarding
styles, availability and costs. Tomorrow we're heading back to the Hill
Country to (hopefully finish some work on the mother-in-law's place that was
interfered with by the 8 inch in four days rain we had down there last
weekend. May try to get over and harass the Tylers some, too.

HTH,
Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@hot.rr.com