Re: [Roadsters] Women and Roadsters

To: "'Tim'" <tputland@charter.net>, <davesmbox@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Women and Roadsters
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:40:20 -0400
  I crew for a father/daughter race team.  Cathy Ann grew up in the paddocks
at Nelson Ledges and MidOhio while dad raced a 1600 roadster.  At 17, the
SCCA changed its rules and lowered the age for drivers from 18 to 16 so she
got her license and started sharing Dad's car.  She rolled it in her second
driver's school so dad bought her a 1600 for her to race.  She has been
racing it for over 11 years now and her daughter can't wait to join mom on
the track.
  And in case you're thinking, yeah, she races but that's all, let me assure
you that she can tear down and rebuild a R16 as well as I can.  (Well, okay,
better than I can!)  And she has several 1st and 2nd place trophies in G
Production for the Kryder Championship at Nelson Ledges over the years.
Doubters can check in out at
http://www.kryderacing.com/krseries/2002points.htm .
  And she just recently pulled two parts cars out of the race barn to
rebuild into one street car for her to tool around in all week long.

Paul
Ohio